“But I don’t want to go among mad people.” says Alice to the cat …
- Since 1998, I’ve been focusing on taijiquan. I started off with the wushu taiji variant (24, 48, 32 sword, 42 competition, etc) and zhan zhuang. I then switched into a more traditional Yang style via the TT Liang camp. During this time, I also began training in the 12 animals style of Liuhebafa via the Wai Lun Choi camp.
- I have received formal instruction in Chen taijiquan via the Chen Village camp (Ren Guangyi/Chen Xiaowang line of instruction). Additionally began focusing more on private instruction.
- I am currently focusing on Yiquan Zhan Zhuang and the Chen Style Taiji Practical Method.
- I have attended workshops by Wai Lun Choi, Chen Xiaowang, Fong Ha and Chen Zhonghua.
- I’ve been involved in martial arts since 1984. I started with Tae Kwon Do in which I received black belts from 2 different TKD systems.
- In 1988, I made the transition study contemporary wushu. The lessons were once a week, 3 hours in length, and were private lessons with the instructor. During my wushu time, I also competed in nationally ranked tournmanets.
- I have dabbled in other martial arts including muay thai, aikido and brazilian jujitsu.
- I am not, nor have I ever been a pokemon, however I do have a fond liking of Snorlax
- I am a husband and father and deeply enjoy being both with such a loving wife and wonderful son.